Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Manager Litigation at 9mobile Nigeria
Manager Litigation at 9mobile Nigeria
- Serves as principal point of legal advice at EMTS’ region ensuring protection of EMTS’ interest.
- Advice EMTS region on local and international legal matters including civil, criminal contractual, telecom regulatory and labour laws that may affect EMTS activities or employees
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation/regulations and give adequate legal advice in order to reduce risk liability within the region
- Advice EMTS on Legal matters relating to property and site acquisition in the region.
- Oversee the preparation of all leases, licenses and related documents, covering EMTS on any legal peculiarities of the region
- Demonstrate ownership of the regional matters and advice EMTS on legal peculiarities of the region
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws regulations and legislations that may affect EMTS’ employees and activities and make recommendations to the Head, Legal Operations &Litigation.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the department’s activities
- Continuously assist in reviewing the departments/teams activities and make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving EMTS in the region
- Monitor Litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against EMTS and manage EMTS’ legal exposure in matters within the region. Where external counsel is required, assist the Head, Legal Operations and Litigation in acting as a liaison for external counsel’s contact
- Conduct searches on land which EMTS proposes to lease or purchase in the region
- Give qualitative legal advice on title verification/due diligence and ensure proper documentation for property acquisition
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance with lease terms in approving renewals
- Draft Deeds, Lease Agreements, Addendums and other property documents as may be required in the region
- Champion the execution of all leases, licenses and legal documents by the appropriate personnel of the company
- Ensure maintenance of database of all properties and other related legal documentation in assigned region
- Ensure safe custody of all property related files and documents
- Assist in implementing the units work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the department/team to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the function
- Prepare /compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal Operations, Litigation, Commercial & Corporate (Contracts & Advisory)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Legal Operations, Litigation, Commercial & Corporate (Contracts& Advisory). Manager Litigation at 9mobile Nigeria
- First Degree in Law.
- An MBA or relevant post graduate/professional qualification
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date