Emel Hospital Limited
Pharmacist at Emel Hospital Limited
Pharmacist at Emel Hospital Limited
Emel Hospital, Festac Town, Lagos Nigeria is a multi-specialists’ hospital, situated at 21 Road, Z Close in Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin Local Government Lagos, Nigeria. Emel Hospital is a purpose-built 44 bed hospital situated on a piece of land specially approved for its purpose by the Federal Housing Authority.
Emel Hospital was established in 1988 by Dr. Olufemi Mobolaji-Lawal, a consultant paediatrician. Dr. Mobolaji-Lawal trained as a doctor at the University College Hospital, Ibadan and as a paediatrician in the United Kingdom. Prior to setting Emel Hospital, he worked for some time as consultant paediatrician at Ikeja General Hospital (now Lagos State University Teaching Hospital), Lagos. He is the board chairman and his wife, Dr. (Mrs) Margaret Mobolaji-Lawal is a non-executive director.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Festac Town, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Tasks & Responsibilities
Early Requisition of Drugs:
- Proactively identify and assess the pharmaceutical needs of the hospital.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure timely requisition of drugs to prevent stockouts.
Management of Short-Dated Drugs:
- Monitor expiration dates and facilitate the timely dispensing of short-dated drugs to prevent wastage.
- Implement strategies to minimize the occurrence of short-dated drugs within the pharmacy inventory.
Reorder Level Maintenance:
- Establish and maintain optimal reorder levels for pharmaceuticals.
- Implement efficient inventory management practices to eliminate drug shortages within the hospital.
- Develop and conduct training programs to instill a customer-centric attitude among pharmacy staff.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance to ensure consistent adherence to customer service standards.
Storage Conditions and Security:
- Oversee and enforce appropriate storage conditions, including temperature, humidity, and light exposure.
- Implement and monitor hygiene and security protocols, as well as control measures against pests and rodents.
Quality Control and Documentation:
- Implement quality control measures for pharmaceuticals.
- Ensure accurate recording and documentation of all stock movements, updating stock files in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Monthly Stock Analyses:
- Prepare comprehensive monthly drug and stock analyses for management decision-making.
- Provide insights into inventory trends, consumption patterns, and recommendations for optimization.
- Uphold infection control protocols to protect patients and staff.
- Implement measures to prevent contamination during the compounding, packaging, and dispensing of medications.
Medication Preparation and Dispensing:
- Review and interpret physician orders to prepare medications.
- Dispense medications through compounding, packaging, and labeling in adherence to established pharmaceutical standards.
Medication Monitoring and Advising Interventions:
- Monitor drug prescriptions and therapies, advising on appropriate interventions when necessary.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to optimize patient medication regimens.
- Organize and direct pharmacy technicians’ workflow.
- Verify the preparation, labeling, order entries, charges, and inspections to ensure compliance with operational requirements.
Receipt of Supplies:
- Coordinate with the Stock Keeper to ensure the proper receipt of pharmaceutical supplies.
- No supply should be accepted without the issuance of a Goods Receipt Note from the hospital to the supplier.
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degrees with 1 – 5 years relevant work experience.
N200,000 – N220,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com