Health Innovation East
Senior Advisor at Health Innovation East
About Health Innovation East (trading as Eastern AHSN)
Our purpose at Health Innovation East is to turn great ideas into positive health impact.
We were established by the NHS to convene all partners in the health sector, to develop and deliver innovative solutions in health and care. Our focus is the East of England, but we are also part of a national network which enables us to deliver at scale.
Citizens, academia, health services and industry will achieve more working together than they will in isolation. Our job is to make this happen. We do this by helping innovators to navigate complex systems, generate value propositions and connect stakeholders to overcome challenges together.
Our values and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Health Innovation East is fully committed to being an inclusive employer, affording equity of opportunity and welcoming applicants from broad and diverse backgrounds.
Staff at Health Innovation East have come together to co-produce our values and expected behaviours. Our values focus on providing trusted expertise, being inclusive, kind and collaborative in all our working relationships and implementing innovations that truly matter to our communities and partners.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for colleagues who share not only our values but also our enthusiasm and commitment to making a difference for our communities. We are united by being dynamic, curious, creative and adaptable. We appreciate the value of evidence and also enjoy trying new and different approaches to solving problems and are comfortable with ambiguity, often-changing plans and unanticipated challenges.
Job summary and purpose
Increasingly, health and care systems in the Eastern region are looking to commission Health Innovation East directly to support them with a range of tasks, activities and projects. Given the range and volume of requests, we are now looking to develop a model that means we can be responsive to the wide-ranging needs of our health and care system partners in the long-term.
We are asked to deliver a wide range of projects by the organisations we support including (but not limited to) change management; Quality Improvement (QI) and project and programme management.
This role would work closely with Principal, Senior Advisors and other Advisors in the delivery team, as well as the organisation?s evaluation group, to deliver on the wide range of asks we receive. We are being increasing asked to support systems in a seconded programme of activity at their site (often still remotely) and thus this role could entail the person experiencing a range of health and care organisations closely. This post would suit someone who enjoys a varied role and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
Given the range of projects, the post will involve working on a number of projects simultaneously and the postholder will be required to competently manage them. The post-holder will be required to:
- Show adaptability to different types of work Senior Advisor at Health Innovation East
- Take a flexible approach, recognising that projects, activities and tasks will be highly varied
- Demonstrate an aptitude for learning about new areas quickly
- Write reports to a high standard in different styles for different purposes and audiences
- Engage with project stakeholders and demonstrate an ability to build excellent working relationships
- Monitor timely project progress and ensure successful completion of projects
- Ensure findings are communicated locally and nationally through an agreed communications strategy
- Track progress of ongoing service improvements to agreed timescales and produce monthly highlight reports
- Own and provide project leadership on multiple projects (across commissions) to deliver our strategic objectives
- Work as part of a pool of Advisors responsible for delivering an effective transformational support service to the Eastern region
- Support and develop other staff on the delivery of agreed projects and programmes
- Writing monthly internal highlight reports.
- Maintaining and updating project plans (including key milestones, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) and escalating concerns to the programme manager as appropriate.
- Developing excellent working relationships with the client and other external stakeholders as required.
Regardless of the project, the following core responsibilities will apply:
Corporate and personal responsibilities
- Promote equal opportunities and affirm that staff, colleagues, patients, and others who encounter Health Innovation East are afforded equality of access, experience and outcomes
- Observe Health Innovation East?s equity, diversity and inclusion pledges in every aspect of your work, avoiding any behaviour which discriminates against colleagues, potential employees, patients, or partners on any grounds
- Uphold and promote the organisation?s values
- Work flexibly and collaboratively with others to achieve the organisation?s goals and support its values
- Support the organisation in creating an environment that values risk management and promotes the highest standards of health and safety for Health Innovation East?s employees, supported by policies and procedures as appropriate
- Ensure up to date knowledge is maintained and comply with current data protection laws and company data protection and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Ensure that we only operate within our remit of not offering clinical advice
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and any applicable legislation
- Any other duties commensurate with the role, as directed by the Principal Advisor or Director of Delivery
|Educated to degree level (any discipline), or with equivalent experience relating to healthcare
|Knowledge and experience of project management and risk management
|Awareness of strategic challenges facing the NHS (in particular Eastern region)
|Willingness to learn
Ability to create compelling offers for paid work
Excellent written communication and report writing skills ? involving receiving and understanding complex information, summarising and disseminating to varied audiences
Ability to manage own workload, prioritise work in response to changing requirements and demands and attention to detail
Proficient in use of a range of IT software, including MS Word, Ms project, Excel and PowerPoint
|Experience of writing reports for a range of audiences (bid writing, data collection and analysis, report writing)
|Experience of consultancy type work within health and care, or medtech
Right to work in the UK:?Applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK at the point of interview.
Additional Application Instructions Senior Advisor at Health Innovation East
To apply for this job please visit www.healthinnovationeast.co.uk.