Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Foundation National Essay Competition 2023
- Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) take over Human Intelligence? What should students do to ensure AI doesn’t override but enhance their ability to learn through research?
- The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which aims to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be a Nigerian Senior Secondary school student
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport)
The top 3 finalists will win the following prizes and educational grants to any African university of their choice:
- Winner: N5 million
- 1st runner-up: N3 million
- 2nd runner-up: N2.5 million
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay (not more than 750 words) on the portal.
- Non-inclusion of any of the above may lead to disqualification.