Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Data Privacy Compliance Analyst would play a crucial role in ensuring the organization’s compliance with all applicable data privacy and protection laws and regulations in operational markets.
- The responsibilities of the Analyst will include implementing data privacy policies and procedures, assisting in the development and maintenance of the data privacy program and collaborating with cross-functional teams to analyze and manage data privacy risks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring adherence to data privacy regulations, such as the NDPA, GDPR and other privacy regulations in operating jurisdictions.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of data privacy policies and procedures.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments (PIAs) to identify and evaluate data privacy risks for new projects, features and initiatives.
- Analyze and review data processing activities to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Monitor response to data subject requests ( including data access, rectification, and deletion requests), by customer support teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure privacy considerations are integrated into system designs and projects.
- Assist in the development and delivery of privacy training and awareness programs for employees.
- Help organize and deliver data privacy training sessions to employees, to raise awareness of data privacy and protection practices.
- Stay up to date with emerging data protection laws and regulations and assess their impact on the organization.
- Participate in data breach incident response activities and assist in the investigation and mitigation of privacy incidents.
- Assist in maintaining records of data processing activities, data protection impact assessments, and other relevant documentation.
Required Qualifications to be a Waver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Information Security/Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience. Relevant internships, projects or coursework related to data privacy, data protection or cybersecurity will be considered a plus.
- Ability to interpret and apply data privacy laws and regulations, including the GDPR.
- Familiarity with data privacy and data protection best practices.
- Capability to identify privacy compliance challenges and propose practical solutions.
- Creative, results-oriented and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Eagerness to ensure data subject and customer rights are protected.
- Basic project management skills to contribute to data privacy compliance projects.
- Passion to stay updated on data privacy regulations and industry trends.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit flutterwavego.bamboohr.com.