Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Submarine Network Support, Network
Job Identification: 3432
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager – Submarine Cable
- Carry out preventive maintenance of terminal station (dry plant) equipment. This include but not limited to:
- SLTE alarm check
- SLTE performance monitoring
- SLTE optical measurement
- PFE alarm check
- PFE voltage/current check
- PFE calibration
- SN (submarine NMS) backup
- Wet plant monitoring (repeater and branching unit)
- Maintain the SLDs (Straight Line Diagrams) and RPLs (Route Position List), ensuring that they are updated after every major cable repair.
- Perform corrective maintenance on terminal station equipment in coordination with the NOC. This includes but not limited to:
- Make observations
- Initiate corrective procedures or decide on course of action
- Record all relevant observation and results
- Rectify faults or notify responsible section
- Perform first line equipment repair or notify responsible authority
- Implement dispatch procedure for faulty equipment
- Confirm repair
- Compile report on any failure event
- Maintain and update system maintenance documents
- Implement WOs (Work Orders) for new circuits in conjunction with the NOC.
- Test new circuits in conjunction with other stations and local terrestrial network O&M staff.
- Inventory management. The management of installed and spare inventory.
- Monitor the routine maintenance activities of suppliers and act as RHE for them in case of emergency and recommend changes to agreed methods and procedures based on observation and data.
- Implement and maintain all interconnectivity on customer access pre-cabled and On-demand ODFs based on WOs for MTN and other submarine cable parties.
- Provide first line maintenance on MTN terrestrial backhaul network equipment at the landing station.
- A First Degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers microwave, satellite and fiber optic transmission equipment.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit ehle.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.