Lloyds Banking Group
GCP Product SRE Job at Lloyds Banking Group
JOB TITLE: GCP Product SRE
SALARY: The salary banding for this role is ?45,054 – ?50,060
LOCATION: Leeds, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax & Manchester
HOURS: 35 hours, full time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
Our Cloud Engineering team is looking for an experienced and passionate Cloud Engineer with strong hands-on development experience. As a Cloud Engineer you’ll be an active and leading member of a cloud-focused team of engineers – working on one of the Group’s flagship projects to deliver a strategic platform for Azure Cloud that will enable the business to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank’s vision for 2024 and beyond!
You’ll be supporting Azure and Cloud-technology roadmaps. You’ll be looking to help find opportunities & use-cases for new features and cloud-based products. Collaboratively working with the business and other engineering teams to design, build and release enterprise-class solutions that progress the programme’s roadmap.
You’ll be driving identification of opportunities for and delivery of enterprise-class automated solutions. Identifying shortcomings and opportunities, including use cases for new features and cloud products, then suggest and implement improvements to existing business practices. Whilst analysing and evaluating the feasibility/relevance of proposals for complex products/services, then develop and amends as necessary.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose.
What you’ll need
- Experience working with a broad set of cloud services
- Ability to write scripts in Bash and PowerShell
- Delivered platforms based on the principles of Infrastructure as Code: Azure DevOps, Terraform
- Ability to implement configuration driven approaches through YAML or JSON
- An understanding of security principles and cloud networking
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Azure DevOps pipelines, GitHub Actions and wider functionality + automation
- Terraform Cloud/Enterprise
- Certification: MS Azure DevOps Engineer
- Understanding of general-purpose languages: Node.js, .NET, Java, Python or Go
- Recent experience using Kubernetes or Istio
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment
Our focus is to ensure we’re inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know
We also offer a wide ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance related bonus GCP Product SRE Job at Lloyds Banking Group
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.