Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
General Manager – Quality Assurance Research & Development at Dangote Group
Job Title: General Manager – Quality Assurance, Research & Development at Dangote Group
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Oversee and coordinate product testing and inspection process for DCP products to ensure optimal quality of final products is achieved and pre-determined standards of production are maintained.
- Oversee the implementation of ISO systems for quality management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of organization-wide quality control and ISO processes including Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Prepare and drive the implementation of the annual Quality Control Plan for the plant.
- Ensure that production quality control processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure precision in the sample testing process for raw materials, intermediate products, final products, oil, water, gas, etc. and appropriate calibration of equipments.
- Ensure all set product quality targets are met and deviations from target quality standards are promptly identified and rectified.
- Coordinate the weaning and pilling of cement raw materials; and control of chemical parameters.
- Liaise with process control operatives with regards to the quality control parameters for semi-finished (Raw meal and Clinker) and final products.
- Support the Plant Director in ensuring final product meet quality specifications and agreed standards.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out on laboratory equipments and effective housekeeping is conducted in the laboratories.
- Prepare annual calibration schedule and ensure calibration is carried out on laboratory equipments as scheduled.
- Manage the interface between the QA/QC function and other relevant departments within the plant.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the country plant QA/ QC team.
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance of the plant QA/ QC function for the attention of the Plant Director.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Plant Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of 21 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and SAP
- Organizational and planning
- Statistical analysis
- Knowledge of Oil Well Cement will be an added advantage
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.