Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Data Governance & Advisory
Job type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and managing the proper governance of data across the organization by defining data governance policies, frameworks, data quality, etc.
- He/she will champion data governance programs across the organization by implementing approved policies, standards, and processes while ensuring compliance.
Data Governance/Data Management:
- Establish and set up the right data analytics agile teams within each business division and support groups, as required, to deliver data analytics functions/services across these groups.
- Develop and maintain the Data Maturity Model on which the organization and its departments/groups will be benchmarked for mid- and long-term delivery of data objectives and goals.
- Run data maturity assessments on a regular basis to access the data maturity level of business units and support groups within the organization.
- Plan and manage the implementation of a data governance framework for managing data and analytics lifecycle as well as cataloguing data assets, creating data dictionaries, and defining, and ensuring compliance to data quality metrics and standards across the organization.
- Setting goals for the data governance program, identifying initiatives that need data governance, overseeing program implementation progress, and assigning roles to data stewards and owners.
- Define the roles, and responsibilities of the stakeholders to operationalize data governance framework, policies, and processes.
- Work with the business units and support groups to run data quality audits with focus on improving data quality and data management.
- Creating and approving data standards, policies, business rules, and purchases of tools to support them
- Resolving problems and issues that data stewards can?t resolve on their own.
- Designing processes for monitoring and reporting adherence to policies and working with other members of the team to implement these.
- Collaborating with and managing other members of the team to ensure that the data governance function and the roles within it are supported, trained, and kept informed.
Data-aware products, compliance, and advisory services:
- Work with fellow data professionals to develop data procedures and policies to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyse data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices and regulatory standards in building data-aware products.
- Work with the business units to establish commercial approaches and prices for revenue-generating data products.
- Working hand in hand with the Data Protection Office to ensure the implementation of data privacy policies in compliance with data protection regulations.
- Provide advisory services on Data Analytics goals, objectives, initiatives, operating procedures, and data quality to business units and support groups.
Increase Data analytics awareness:
- Work with the Change management team to grow the Data Analytics community within the organization which comprises data champions and data professionals.
- Build data analytics culture within the organization by defining and executing culture initiatives such as data analytics forums, data analytics training/webinars, data analytics community, etc.
Educational Qualification(s) and Certification
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer/System/ Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Relevant certifications in Data Governance, Data Management, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), Agile Project Management, and Data Analytics.
- Minimum of six (6) years working experience with data.
- Two (2) years of working experience in similar roles such as managing and delivering data-related projects.
- Working knowledge of data governance/data management frameworks, data analytics tools, and concepts including EDA, Tableau, SSRS, Power BI, Big Data technologies, agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks.
- Working experience in communication and stakeholder management including storytelling, data analysis, and visualization
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online