Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Intern at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Title: Intern
Requisition ID: req46445
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
- The intern will support the HR/Admin department in the day-to-day management of the Mubi office.
- In this position the intern is expected to learn and support on the department’s daily administration routines and procedures while also focusing on the IRC’s overall mission.
Office and Guest-house Management:
- Support in maintaining and managing IRC offices and guest houses, ensuring a clean, organized, and conducive working environment, and in accordance with relevant SOPs.
- Report to maintenance team or Admin Officer on any repairs or equipment servicing.
- Support in Managing and supervising the cleaners and cooks.
Documentation and Records Management:
- Assist and maintain efficient filing systems for both physical and electronic records on administrative matters.
- Support in ensuring proper documentation of official communications, reports, and other relevant documents.
- Support archiving processes and facilitate retrieval of records as needed.
Financial Administration, Payments, and Reconciliation:
- Support the Admin officer in financial management tasks, such as petty cash management and expense tracking.
- Assist in coordinating with the finance team to ensure timely and accurate financial transactions for vendor payments.
- Prepare payments for staff accommodation and follow up on reconciliation between Finance and relevant vendors.
- Scanning of approved documents for relevant documentation and classifying in respective soft/hard file.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Handle travel arrangements for staff and IRC visitors as per location needs
- Position Reports to: Administrative Officer
- Other Internal and/or external contacts. Internal: Staff members; External: IRC visitors, clients, and partners
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Public Administration / Relations, Humanities, or related fields.
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Work Experience: Approximately 0-1 year of relevant experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Strong ability to work in a team.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Thorough and organized.
- Ability to multitask.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.