Oando Plc is one of Africa?s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations (PR) and Internal Communications Associate
Location:?Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Entity: Oando Energy Resources (OER)
Unit / Department: Corporate Communications
Reports to: Corporate Communications Manager
- The PR and internal Communications Associate supports the development and execution of the PR and Internal Communications strategy in line with the Company?s communication objectives.
- A key imperative of the PR strategy is to positively influence, shape and manage public perception of the brand as the most desirable place to work and invest in; via communicating corporate initiatives and achievements, promoting the Company?s values and protecting its reputation whilst utilizing all forms of media.?Internally (Internal Communications/ Internal PR) the key strategic imperative is to build brand ambassadors by increasing employee knowledge and understanding, creating opportunities and platforms for increased emotional affinity and driving attitudinal and behavioral change within the organization through collaboration with departments across the organization.
- On the PR arm, the Associate will largely oversee the development of the PR strategy for Oando PLC which comprises of Oando Energy Resources, Oando Trading and Oando Clean Energy Limited. The candidate will, based on the approved strategy, develop content for external stakeholders, support in the development and implementation of crisis management strategies, maintain and leverage media relationships and boost brand visibility by ensuring adequate media presence and coverage (online & mainstream).
- On the Internal Communications side, the Associate will proactively drive internal communication efforts and programs.
- PR & Internal Communications Analyst I
- PR & Internal Communications Senior Analyst II
Major Responsibility Areas
- Development of Oando?s PR strategy.
- Support in the development of Oando?s Internal Communications strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the Company?s approved PR and internal Communications strategy.
- Proactive and random checks of different media platforms to ensure deployed content is on brand, factually and grammatically correct.
- Manage annual PR and internal Communications budget.
- Utilize performance data from Internal Communications and PR campaigns to act as a guide for future campaigns
- Development of high-level reports for HCC showcasing performance data and implications for future campaigns
- Annual review of PR and Advertising Agencies to determine the continuation of services in the new year ? use data as basis for recommendation on whether to retain Agency or not.
- Manage pitch and selection process for new agencies.
- Supervise timely completion of RAG (Red, Amber & Green) work/project plans.
- Daily tracking of RAG work plans to ensure flawless execution of weekly tasks to ensure timelines are not missed and issues are identified in advance.
- Maintain standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with key journalists and other influential contacts within the media as appropriate.
- Solely responsible for managing bespoke media handler.
- Review content developed by PR Agency to ensure alignment with Company?s strategic positioning.
- Review and approve designs/creatives developed by internal graphic artists and Advertising Agencies to ensure they address brief and stakeholder pain points for the Manager?s final approval as the case may be.
- Manage development and execution of employee engagement initiatives to foster brand affinity.
- Develop and oversee the execution of PR plans for medium-scale initiatives.
- Proactive media monitoring (both online and mainstream) with the goal of alerting HCC to potential issues/crisis.
- Development of an annual thought leadership piece for the Financial Times, amongst others.
- Review of all PR & Internal Communication Policies and Processes
- Plan annual media parleys for CAMCAN and NAEC members as well as media rounds.
- Based on identified and potential risks develop detailed scenario plans.
- Other duties as directed and required by the Company.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Responsible for the successful development and implementation of approved PR and Internal Communications Strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the day-to-day management of PR & Internal Communications initiatives.
- The Associate will be expected to work with a range of internal personnel and manage 3rd party Agencies for successful achievement of objectives.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Extent to which brand values, brand story, initiatives and achievements are positively reinforced on internal and media platforms (print, broadcast and digital).
- Quality of PR initiatives deployed across all engagement mediums.
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on print, broadcast and digital platforms.
- Growth in employee engagement internally.
- Improvement in employee affinity to the brand.
- Increase in positive perception and dialogue on internal and external platforms.
- Growth in internal brand ambassadors.
- Effective management of PR and internal Communications team.
- Development of members of the PR & Internal Communications team.
- Cost-effectiveness of internal and PR efforts.
- Effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in any subject, preferably in the Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities
- 8 years work experience in Marketing Communications
- A strong understanding and work experience in PR – at least 8 years experience
- A good understanding and some work experience in internal communications, branding, and social media would be advantageous.
- Experience in the development of tactical strategies and campaigns
- Database of media contacts and strong relationships with key print and broadcast media personnel.
- Experience in crisis management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong content development skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to comfortably operate within a complex environment and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.