Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Platforms Infrastrucre, MTN GlobalConnect
Job Identification: 3571
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Job Schedule: Full time
- Ensure future proof Core networks, and network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external. Strategic planning (brainstorming with all relevant departments) for Core networks.
- Active participation in FiberCo and GC central expansion and growth initiatives
- Delivery of Roaming, Messaging, Signaling, Voice Core & UCC platform solutions enabling new and existing services.
- Translate MTNGC’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the roaming and mobility platforms
- Requirements for the messaging platform
- Requirements for the signaling network
- Requirements for the voice core platforms
- Requirements for the unified communications and collaboration platforms
- Requirements for the value-added services (VAS) and security networks relating to above.
- Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost Core networks to support MTNGC rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments.
- Plan and monitor Core planning budget in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets
- Select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout
- Ensure Network Service Provider (NSP) and Hyperscaler Provider requirements are met, oversee technical planning initiatives.
- Develop the capacity and functionality requirements for the Core network elements.
- Development of policies on the deployment of selected equipment
- Oversee and approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.)
- Oversee outsourced projects, vendor selection and relationship, vendor performance and solution delivery.
- Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors
- Oversee Rollout of the Core platforms
- Ensure on time planning and designs are released
- Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance
- Oversees the issues relating to resource requirements to complete critical design, planning and process tasks
- Defining and managing KPI’s
- Communicates actively throughout Planning group.
- Act as technical representative in contract negotiations with BLS/Commercial legal department
- Manage budgetary management for both capital and operational expenditure
The Role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Developing the MTN GC planning function to meet the changing needs of the business and users, new projects, and technologies
- Collaborating with business teams to continuously evolve MTN GC systems, focusing on supporting increased sales, customer experience, and profitability.
- Facilitating Network governance process in coordination with MTN GCTIO stakeholders and Senior Management, participate in planning for future strategic innovation and business needs.
- Defining Core network planning tools, processes, and standards, and roadmaps.
- Reviewing the designs and functional requirements of the Core network within scope to ensure that all requirements are satisfied.
- Working with business and technology leaders as appropriate to ensure proper alignment of business systems solutions with business goals and processes.
- Establishing standards, methodologies, and documentation for the Core networks.
- Deliver a target Product and Services architecture with a 3 year time horizon taking global technology developments into consideration
- Maintain budgetary spend within the company approved business plan
- Ensure timeous rollout of Core infrastructure and services.
- According to departmental KPI’s in line with the company mission, objectives, and customer satisfaction indices.
- Minimum of 4-year Academic Degree (B Eng. / BSc Degree preferred)
- Master’s Degree (advantageous)
- Relevant certification/accreditation/membership with professional body as required for role
- Fluent in English and language of country (preferable)
- 5+ Years of progressive experience managing the implementation, integration, and operations of carrier-level applications in a variety of technology footprints.
- Functional experience in Core platforms including messaging, mobility, roaming, Signaling, and related value-added services (VAS) and security.
- Knowledge of IP, CCNA is an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of virtualisation and cloud-based solutions and technologies in relation to Roaming, Messaging and Signaling platforms
- Hands on experience with Roaming, Messaging and Signaling hubs / platforms as well as value added platforms.
- Hands on experience with SMS Routing, Hub, and Firewall technology
- Understanding open connectivity roaming hub and/or experience working with Data Clearing Houses is a valuable asset.
- Strong Knowledge on GSM/LTE/5G network architecture and Signaling architecture (STP’s/DRA/DEA).
- Strong Knowledge on End to End architecture and connectivity at solution level including core network, Signaling, roaming and VAS.
- Expert Knowledge of Signaling protocols and standards relating to CAMEL/GRX/GTP/DIAMETER, SIP, RTP, MEGACO, SCCP, GSM MAP and SS7/SIGTRAN/ISUP.
- Understanding of the standard call flows for messaging, roaming Vas and Signaling involving multiple services.
- Basic understanding of IPX and its positioning with the career network infrastructure.
- Understanding of IoT platforms, providers and mobile roaming and roaming VAS.
- Expert in SMS/SMPP data solutions (A2P, P2A, P2P, RCS, etc).
- Understanding of billing systems, CDR’s, TAP flows, TAP files.
- Knowledge of UNIX-Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, Linux and cloud technology including containerisation (CNF’s).
- Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s), API’s.
- Understanding of other core platform and network areas including voice core, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security. Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols
- Understanding of troubleshooting processes for connectivity and services.
- Functional experience in Core platforms including voice, unified communications and collaboration, and related value-added services (VAS) and security.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and call flows as well a troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge of virtualized environments (VNF’s) and API’s.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud native solutions i.e containerisation (CNF’s).
- Strong Knowledge on IMS Core technologies and GSM/LTE/5G network architecture.
- Strong knowledge in Voice Core network elements – MSC, MGW, HLR, HSS, SBC and IMS (TAS and CSCF), EPC.
- Extensive experience with unified communications and collaboration (UCC) platforms including voice, IP telephony, instant messaging, desktop sharing, presence and web conferencing, audio and video conferencing, hosted contact centre solutions, etc.
- Strong understanding of various deployment architectures and approaches including customer premise, infrastructure partnerships, interconnects, cloud delivery UCaaS, etc.
- Understanding and experience with IP, VoLTE, VoWiFi, or IMS nodes (SBG, CSCF, DNS/ENUM, MMTEL, SCC-AS, HSS, AFG).
- Experience and knowledge with Mobile Number portability and Number inventory management solutions.
- Platform analytics relating to voice and UCC platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and agility towards change both organisational and network
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous)
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 2 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous.
- Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
- Detailed knowledge on the international telecommunication infrastructure industry regarding latest industry trends and competitive landscape within the MTN GC footprint
- Strong understanding of managed networks
- Strong analytical skills to be able to execute market analysis, competitor landscape reports and customer monitoring – Understanding the connectivity infrastructure wholesales landscape with a focus of emerging markets
- Ensures execution of strategies through creating and implementing tactical plans for others to follow
- Encourages commercial innovation and continuous improvement for systems, processes, products, and service offerings
- Role models ethical practices by living the MTN values and vital behaviours for others to follow
- Builds relationships across the business in order to influence decision-makers and build team credibility
- Produces sustainable divisional results through ethical practices
- Sets priorities, plans, organizes and co-ordinates the work of others.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Accountable for a customer centric culture.
- Employee relations and collaborative teamwork.
- Build professionalism, loyalty, and commitment to the organization.
- Communicate actively and effectively resolving any potential conflicts that may arise.
- Living the MTN Brand – changing and influence employees behaviour.
- Manage conflict proactively and monitor disciplinary and grievance actions and trends
- Team learning and knowledge sharing within team; appropriate strategic timing for people up-skilling in line with newly developed technologies and strategic practices.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org