Pro-Health International is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization based in Nigeria. Our Vision is to improve the health of Africa?s people. We do this by providing qualitative and quantitative health care and hope to the poor and less privileged in rural parts of Africa at little or no cost to the beneficiaries. The organization has also benefitted from awards from CDC and USAID. Currently, we are recipients of the Integrated Child Health Social Services Award, a USAID 5-year grant award. In our 28 years of existence, we have taken free medical care to the poor and less privilege, within and outside Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video and Photography Documentary Consultant
Locations:?Abuja (FCT), Adamawa, Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Taraba and Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Time Frame: The Assignment is expected to be completed in 36 (thirty-six) working days.
- Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided free healthcare services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 32 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care projects, OVC projects, and Global Health security projects.
- The ICHSSA-4 project is a 5-year USAID-funded award that commenced in December 2019 and will run until December 2024. The project is being implemented by a consortium of partners, with Pro-Health International (PHI) as the lead partner and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) as the Technical Partner in Adamawa, Bauchi Taraba, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi states.
- The ICHSSA 4 project aims to improve the well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their households by mitigating the impact of HIV and other causes of vulnerability through sustainable, integrated, and comprehensive quality service delivery in project states.
- The ICHSSA-4 project aims to deliver inclusive, need-based, HIV-sensitive, and age-appropriate services through evidence-based approaches. It is implemented through a mechanism whereby Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) receive sub-grants to support capacity strengthening and program implementation at the community level. The project strengthens Nigeria?s vulnerable children response by working at the state level to strengthen the organizational systems and technical capacity of the State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD) and Social Welfare Department of targeted Local Government Areas (LGA) to work in collaboration with relevant line Ministries and networks to coordinate a more holistic response aim at promoting local ownership of HIV interventions to aid sustainability and comprehensive programming to achieve PEPFAR?s vision of an AIDS-free generation by 2030.
Consultancy Specific Objective
- Pro-Health International seeks to procure the services of a consultant who will work with PHI-ICHSSA 4 Communications Specialist and other relevant project team members to document success stories in catalogs and develop the script for voice-over to produce one full 1080p (HD)video documentary of approximately fifteen to thirty (15-30min) minutes with English subtitles accompanied with high resolution (HD) Photographs that will summarize the overall impact and contributions of ICHSSA-4 project to the community and target beneficiaries across the six implementation states.
- The consultant will meet with the ICSSA-4 SMT to discuss the terms of the agreement and other relevant issues.
- The consultant team will travel to the selected sites for content gathering.
- PHI?s Communications Specialist and the project team will provide support and guidance on the specific locations to be visited by the consultant team and provide advice on what content to be gathered and how it should be gathered.
- The Communications Specialist will guide the consultant team on any sensitivities they should be aware of during content gathering and production of the content in the selected LGAs of the project implementation states.
- The consultant will manage content teams, including Photographer, videographer, writer/interviewer, and producer.
- The project field staff will support the mobilization of target beneficiaries (adults, children, youth, and communities).
- After the content-gathering exercise, the Consultant will finalize the required outputs.
- The draft case studies and videos will be reviewed by the Communications Specialist, SMT, and other relevant project team members while the consultants make the necessary revisions and submit the revised versions within the agreed timelines.
- The content will also be shared with the project Chief of Party in the country office for review and approval to consider the local context and any redlines that should be avoided.
- The final outputs will be shared with the project Chief of Party and Executive Director.
- Lead ? COP, SMT, Communication Specialist, State Team Lead, and key Project staff
- Raw interviews (video), signed consent forms, translated transcripts, photos, and draft case studies uploaded to Content Hub for post-production.
- One full video documentary in 1080p (HD) resolution of approximately 15 to 30 minutes with English subtitles accompanied by full HD pictures of beneficiaries’ success stories catalog on the measurable impact of the ICHSSA-4 project across the six implementation states.
- The consultants will take full responsibility for the technical part of the video and photo production, including shooting and conducting interviews, filming B-roll, and sourcing royalty-free music to accompany the video, if needed.
PHI shall be responsible for all consultancy flights, road transports, and in-town accommodation and mobility. Other expectations would be solely managed by the consultancy which may include:
- Equipment rentals
- Be responsible for his/her working equipment and laptop.
- Printing of tools to use during the consultancy.
- The Assignment is expected to be completed in 40 (forty) working days.
Expertise Required and Qualification
To be eligible to apply for this role the consultant/firm must:
- Have existed for at least 5-10 years before January 2022. Working in the development sector.
- The Team Lead must hold a degree in a relevant field: Communication, Journalism, Media studies, Fine Arts. Other team members should also have relevant qualifications or experience in these areas.
- Demonstrate the Firm?s experience in undertaking similar assignments using samples (Youtube links, etc) of successfully and recently completed work.
- Team Lead must have at least five to ten years of working experience in developing documentary or film production that meets national and international broadcast standards and be familiar with the development sector (OVC, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Gender, etc).
- The proposed team must have an excellent knowledge of English and Hausa, a good knowledge of multicultural aspects in the region, cultural nuances, gender, and cross-cutting issues.
- The Team Lead must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills and previous proven experience in documenting donor-supported projects using digital media.
- The firm must have excellent technical capacities to ensure smooth and high-quality production (video production staff, owner of its own video production studio, or documentary proof of access to a rented video studio), etc.
- Clear articulation of capacity and skills, innovative approaches to carry out the assignment, as well as ?a clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs within the tight timeframe.
- A track record of successful materials filmed in the region and/or on similar topics by would be an asset.
- Ability to work under strict time limits and adhere to WHO and specific country MOH Covid-19 protocols and guidelines.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Applications in PDF?to:?firstname.lastname@example.org?using “ICHSSA-4???_Videography and Photography Consultancy Service” as the subject of the email.
This should be sent together in a separate file and named properly:
- Letter of Interest
- Consultant(s) Profile
- Technical Proposal
- Financial Proposal
- Detailed list of references with their contact phone numbers (3)
Information to provide in your offer:
- CV of consultant(s)
- Date of availability
- Technical proposal
- Financial offer signed and stamped.
- Chronogram / Work plan if different from the one proposed in this ToR
- Terms of payment
- Currency of payment (Nigerian Naira only)
- The Assignment is expected to be completed in 36 (thirty-six) working days.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.