Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager / Director
Job ID: HOT0A08S
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Category: Hotel Transcorp Hilton
- A Food and Beverage Director is responsible for managing operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while training staff and working within budgeted guidelines.
What will I be doing?
- As a Food and Beverage Director, you are responsible for managing the operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
- A Food and Beverage Director will also be required to manage, train, and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan and direct all functions of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Prepare, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments.
- Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation of all food & beverage outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate in the creation and marketing of menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labour costs among all the F&B outlets.
- Monitor the food and beverage budget expenditures and ensure they stay within budget.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and labour expenses.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets and policies and procedures.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Regularly review, evaluate, and respond to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction of the individual outlets; recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes.
- Ensure compliance with all hotel policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline, counsel, and evaluate line employees according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long-term financial operating plans.
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food, Liquor Costs and Payroll
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Utilize computer equipment to analyze forecast, cost, and revenue reports and make decisions based on that information to ensure maximizing of profits.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
What are we looking for?
A Food and Beverage Director serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Have great verbal and written communication skills.
- Be proactive.
- Possess excellent forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Work well with colleagues.
- Enjoy problem-solving.
- Have a good understanding of inventory management systems.
- Strong leadership skills.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in relevant area
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
- 4 years relevant managerial experience in a 5 Star Hotel.
- Experience working in an African Country.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hilton.com.