Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Group Finance and Strategy Manager at Excellent Jobs
Job Title: Group Finance and Strategy Manager at Excellent Jobs
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for a Group Finance / Strategy Manager who must have manufacturing experience, finance Experience from a bank and the capital market experience, he is expected to have all these experiences as it will help him to have a full grasp of the company as a whole he is coming to head.
- Group Finance / Strategy Manager is responsible for driving growth in the company and setting business objectives for the company.
- Responsible for creating and delivering the growth strategy for the business with full P&L accountability.
- Responsible for general management of the business unit and provides guidance to managers and other leadership colleagues as well as motivation to all staff within the unit.
- Supervise and assign duties to company subordinates.
- Operate a client-responsive organization and be the point elevation person for clients when required.
- Oversee the store, account admin to ensure proper accountability, etc.
- Direct the planning and coordination of a Group including facility expansion and equipment modifications to support future business growth and compliance.
- Leads the budget process and accounting, booking keeping of stock
Financial Obligations :
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Group financial statements.
- Preparation financial Forecast and Budgets for the Group (Production budget, financial budget, cash budgets etc.
- Set and enforce realistic targets for each subsidiary Company’s in the Group.
- Preparation of standard and acceptable Standard Level Agreements (SLA) that support transfer pricing policies between the companies within the Group.
- Overseeing daily accounting and finance functions of all the subsidiaries within the Group.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group liquidity updates.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group financial obligation updates.
- Maintaining a strong corporate relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop a low risk investment framework for investment application of excess liquidity for relevant value creation.
- Carry out all treasury functions for the Group.
- Providing all relevant financial advice for all projects within the Group.
- Review from time to time all account and finance functions for all the Accounts staff in all the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries External Auditors, Account Consultants, Tax consultants etc.
- Draw up Audit exercise calendar for each of the subsidiaries.
- Review and implement group project as well as secure low cost fund for the execution.
- Prepare bankable feasibility report that will assist the Group or any of its subsidiaries to obtain funding from the banks, CBN, International donor agency, foreign investors, AFDB, Federal government intervention funds.
- Develop business plan for the Group business.
- Develop internal and external training modules and programs calendar with their budget for the finance and account staff of the Group and Subsidiaries.
- Constantly reviewing all account package use in the account operation of the subsidiaries.
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly performance report for the board and board committees.
- Any other financial duty that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Ensuring all statutory renditions within the group are remitted in line with the statutory deadline. (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, WHT).
- Corporate filling/submission of all financial returns with the group. (FIRS, LIRS, CBN, CAC etc.)
- Attending to all tax related issues with the relevant statutory bodies.
- Attending to all audit management letters.
- Providing audited accounts of all the subsidiaries to the Legal department for filling with the CAC.
- Drawing up audit exercise programs for the group.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Any other Statutory duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management
- Implementation of controls within the Group.
- Monitoring of all implementation controls.
- Scrutinizing all payment documentation before final approval.
- Monthly group tax compliance updates.
- Making sure all bank charges are in line with the agreed rate.
- Constantly review the Group financial in line with relevant standards.
- Implementing and monitoring weekly cash check schedule for supervisors and managers.
- Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Any other Compliance duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure strict compliance of the Staff Hand Book.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of tools and equipment.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians).
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.).
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Enforce and manage the procurement function of the company.
- Any other Administrative duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- He must have a good knowledge of finance and not just accounting.
- He must reside in Lagos.
- He must have strong business acumen with great people management skills.
N500,000 – N600,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.