Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Head Supply Chain & Procurement Management at Dangote Group
Job Title: Head, Supply Chain & Procurement Management at Dangote Group
Job ID: DCP-HSC-LOS-210323
Job type: Full-time
- The Head of Supply Chain and Procurement Management will be responsible for the development and implementation of effective supply chain and procurement strategies, processes and procedures to drive rapid improvement of the functions across the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy for the function including performance and cost.
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth.
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain and procurement processes.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to land more profitable deals.
- Monitor supply chain logistics to make sure they run smoothly.
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records.
- Evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Train and guide employees
Leadership and Functional Capability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply or Business Degree.
- Related professional certifications is most required, (The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
- A minimum of 20 years’ experience in similar role within Cement Manufacturing or FMCG Businesses.
- Strategic Thinking, Planning, Financial and Project Management skills
- Job knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience working in a multiple location organisation or Group of Companies will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes and procurement procedures.
- Working experience of relevant software (e.g. SAP MM)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Attention to details.
- Creative problem-solving
- A strategic and analytical mind
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient project management skills2
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.