Mercy Corps Limited / Gte
ICT Service Consultant at Mercy Corps Limited / Gte
Job Title: Engagement of ICT Service Consultant
Employment Type: Contract
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration of contract: 12 months (Subject to extension as needed)
Availability: During Work Hours
The Individual/Firm Will Report to and Work Closely: The consultant will work with the ICT Team
Purpose / Project Description
- The role of the ICT Service Consultant is to assist in the support and maintenance of users and ICT equipment in Yola with possible travels to Biu and Gombe offices. The role is based in Yola, Adamawa state and will involve communicating with users and understanding their requirements and resolving issues.
- The role requires a good knowledge of systems and the technologies behind the systems. The ICT Consultant will also be required to configure and maintain equipment and to maintain records of equipment.
- Working under the supervision of the operations coordinator with technical support from the country ICT team to monitor and maintain all IT Systems across Yola, Gombe and Biu offices.
- Monitor user activities to ensure adherence to the ICT policies.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics, use of MS Office 365 and other productive tools and applications as used in Mercy Corps.
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Regularly monitor the health and update status of Operating systems and Antivirus on each computer on the network and ensure a virus, malware free network.
- Under the guidance of the Country ICT team, undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems and general ICT maintenance.
- Oversee repair of computers and ICT equipment at a local level, when possible – facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions.
- Maintain an efficient Local Area Network across Mercy Corps Gombe, Biu and Yola office.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in Mercy Corps offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department with approval and supervision from the Country ICT team.
- Work with the Country ICT team (and Asset Controller) to document and maintain all IT equipment/systems information to include but not limited to (specifications, system profiles, MAC address, IP Addresses, Network diagrams etc.)
- Assist the procurement team under the guidance of the Country ICT team to provide specifications on IT Equipment/Systems purchases.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Experience / Knowledge
- A relevant University Degree in Computer Sciences is desirable.
- A minimum of one years? experience in information technology (IT).
- Experience in computer hardware systems is required.
- Experience managing local area networks (LAN) is required.
- Experience using Mikrotik and Microsoft Office 365 applications are required.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a MUST.
- Experience managing inverter systems is required.
- Experience managing CCTV systems is required.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Must understand, follow and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to:?email@example.com?using the job title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job please visit mercycorps.org.