Listen to Our Weekly Podcast
Betterlending Company Limited
Legal Assistant (Intern) at Betterlending Company Limited
Job Title: Legal Assistant (Intern) at Betterlending Company Limited
Employment Type: Contract (Onsite)
Duration: 6 Months renewable based on performance
- Registrations/renewals of company licenses/approvals/permits with relevant authorities.
- Report back regularly to operational management team, as needed, and assist with other legal work and projects as designated by the operational management team.
- Document legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools.
- Assistance in preparing, reviewing and issuance of standard legal & compliance document.
- Research and analyze all possible legal issues which could arise in the operation of the business.
- Internal filing of legal & compliance documents and maintenance of contracts database.
- Filing of company licenses/resolutions/articles of associations, etc.
- Ordering notarization/apostil /legalization of legal document.
- Assist in trademark applications and counterfeits complaints;
- Assist in data audit and obtaining the compliance mark.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, major in Law is a preference
- Proficient in both written and oral English.
- Specific experience in complicated commercial contracts and construction law issues a must.
- An appetite for and ability to learn new skills, as well as the willingness to follow-through on tasks quickly.
- Sense of responsibility; self-motivated; hands-on; good in communication; willing to learn, share and develop.
- High ethical standards and result-focused
- Must be highly collaborative, with a curious mindset and a “can do” approach, as well as an excellent team member/player.
- Ability to effectively issue-spot and process large amounts of information in a speedy and systematic manner.
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, and demeanor.
- Previous experience working with authorities on legal issues would be preferred.
- Previous experience in data audit would be preferred.
- N150,000 monthly (gross).
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2023.