Africa Youth Growth Foundation
Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional non-governmental organization established in April 2003 and registered in July 2006 with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria. AYGF has an operational base in British Columbia Canada, Texas USA, and Nigeria (Kogi state, Niger State, Ogun State, Katsina State, Sokoto, Zamfara, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe and the FCT- Abuja). Over the years the Organisation has implemented several projects that addressed issues around migration, Public Health, Education, Democratic Governance, livelihood, Climate Change, and Environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement a Resource Mobilization Strategy;
- Manage the resource mobilization functions by monitoring and reporting on the Resource Mobilization Strategy implementation;
- Conduct an environmental scan and provide donor intelligence (thematic orientations, modalities of engagement, entry points, forecasts etc.) to the Executive Director and the Research Directors to increase probability of attracting funds;
- Spearhead proposal development efforts ensuring efficient coordination with teams and the submission of high quality grant proposals;
- Develop and/or enhance resource mobilization tools as needed;
- Maintain and extend the system in place for identification and response to calls for proposals;
- Continually seek innovative means of attracting new donors;
- Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate monthly reports for management?s strategic decisions;
- In collaboration with the communications team, engage in organizational brand building including development of collateral materials to support fundraising efforts, such as brochures;
- Maintain the donor database in place to ensure it is an up-to-date and dynamic document and share its contents systematically with the Executive Director and the Research Directors;
- Develop generic templates for quick response to calls where donors do not provide templates;
- Document various meetings with donors, monitor required action and accompany the Executive Director to meetings with donors, as required;
- Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades while capturing new development partners;
- Identify and cultivate relations with strategic implementing partners for prospective consortium style initiatives;
- Represent AYGF at key strategic forums both locally and internationally, as required;
- Build the capacity of AYGF staff, board and partners on resource mobilization, as required.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to:?Humanresources@aygf.org?using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Sokoto.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit aygf.org.